Amey is involved in the design, management and maintenance of roads throughout Northern Ireland , Scotland and England . Much of their work incorporates some of the most heavily trafficked roads, such as the M6 and M42 around Birmingham , the M25 around London , and the M8 in Glasgow .
Amey's role in developing the roads infrastructure has evolved to include not only the design of major road schemes, but to include the constant monitoring and maintenance of the networks, and increasingly the road's technology assets, improving congestion, availability, accessibility and the environment.
Amey are responsible for helping roads authorities implement transport strategies. As economic, environmental and service expectations increase, transport networks are coming under increasing pressure. Amey has the ability to service the life-cycle of transport infrastructure from feasibility through to planning, design and operational management.
Amey recognises that the modern day travelling public want to make informed decisions about their journey, based on up-to-date travel information. This helps to ease congestion, give passengers a choice and is a critical part of any high performing transport network. Amey design, provide and manage transport information solutions across the road and rail networks, and are responsible for over 8,000 technology assets. Such assets include variable message signs, emergency telephones, CCTV and safety cameras.
With a team of over 1,200 consultants, Amey's Consulting Division undertake project scoping, feasibility studies, technical surveys and environmental assessments. These services can be provided on a stand-alone basis or in combination with it's extensive infrastructure and maintenance management services portfolio, enabling us to provide a truly integrated service.
Northern Ireland DBFO Package 2 Contract:
• 30 year DBFO contract.
• Amey operate and maintain approx 120 km of road network within NI
• The consulting team at Amey will provide all Lifecycle Management Services (LCMS) and major maintenance of pavement and structures.
As the LCMS Provider Amey is responsible for:
• The development of short, medium and long term asset replacement/refurbishment programmes.
• Management of the implementation of capital maintenance works (both minor and major)
• Identification of minor and significant safety improvement schemes via analysis of accident statistics and damage only trends and the production of options reports, supervision works and safety audits associated with the schemes
• Procurement and Management of Network Pavement Surveys
• Minor Improvement Schemes
• Design Management
• On site Supervision